Once upon a time, Alexander The Great conquered the known world. In the Fashion world and Industry Anna Wintour has done the same. Her profile picture (always in her sunglasses) is the cover of WSJ magazine. Photographed by her beloved Mario Testino.
- The 61 years old Anna, editor in chief of Vogue magazine from the year 1988, comments " Vogue is like Nike or Coca-Cola , a huge global brand, I want to enhance it, I want to protect it, and I want to be part of the conversation"
- She got Vogue lately in the Web because she believes that the expression of Vogue's effectiveness is print.
- People say that she is cold and strict, she on the other hand has an arid sense of humour about her reputation and the nicknames they call her. For example, at the screening of "The Devil Wears Prada", she wore nothing else but Prada!
- This comment about her by R. J. Cutler in 2007 is so representative of what Anna Wintour is all about : "You can make a film in Hollywood without Steven Spielberg's blessing and you can publish a software without Bill Gates's blessing but you can't succeed in fashion without Anna's blessing"
- Anna says she loves her family and friends: "I care deeply about my friends and family and the know it, but work is work"